Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; set aside. In another bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg white.
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the sauce, half of the rice and half of the cottage cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Microwave at 50% power for 7-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 21, 2012
I intended to make this exactly - but somehow the mozzarella cheese ran low (I had to mix it with reduced far cheddar) - and I figured I might as well use the whole jar of sauce (it was 24 oz) - and I wanted to use up some fresh mushrooms. This was easy and delicious. It was the perfect amount of cheeses (and I'm a cheese lover). and it gave me a chance to try my new rice cooker!