Three Cheese Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 20 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and seasonings. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce each in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 574 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 4, 2016
I stuffed the uncooked shells the day before cooking. I reduced the mozzarella as it seemed a bit much. I added some freshly grated nutmeg to the cheese mix. Covered with a garlic marinara & about 2 TB water. Covered with foil & refrigerated. Baked covered the next evening for 50 minutes, uncovered and added maybe 3/4 cup mozzarella. Baked another few minutes till melted.
Jan 19, 2015
This manicotti is the BEST. I have made several other ones before, and this one is a keeper! The only thing I did different was make my own sauce. I thought the cheeses balanced out very nicely. This is going into my rotation. Thank you for sharing.
Nov 6, 2014
1 change that makes it a little easier...don't cook the manicotti. Stuff the uncooked shells, and add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom and top layers of the sauce. Comes out perfect every time.
Oct 14, 2011
It was too cheesy for my tastes, but if you like a lot of cheese, then you'd probably like this. However, my husband (a huge cheese lover from Wisconsin) also found this got to be too cheesy.
Nov 12, 2010
This recipe is so popular at our home it is requested for Birthday celebrations as their favorite food. I make the spaghetti sauce with hamburger and Italian sausage to give added flavor