Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta from the dinner mix, contents of seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-13 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 384 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1012mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
May 8, 2009
The lasagna dinner mix would be something like Hamburger Helper.....
May 8, 2009
What is the lasagna dinner mix? Where would you find that in the store?
May 7, 2009
I would ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. It lends much more flavor to the dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.