Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 2 slices wheat, rye or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- Butter or margarine
- 2 slices white cheese (brick, Monterey Jack or Swiss)
- 2 slices yellow cheese (cheddar, pepper or taco)
- Red onion and tomato slices
- 1. Spread each slice of bread with cream cheeses on one side and butter on the other. Layer white cheese, yellow cheese, onion and tomato on the cream cheese side of one slice. Top with the other slice of bread, cream cheese side down. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; cover until cheese melts. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 747 calories, 59g fat (36g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese
"These tasted great with tomato soup. While my husband & I both agree that they are very good, we will make them once in awhile due to the nutritionals."
"I've made this sandwich but saute' my tomatoes and onions first it was great."