Three-Cheese Florentine Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. Place spinach in a small bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, chopped spinach, cheeses, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with mozzarella cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 476 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Florentine Burgers
"Juicy burgers! Turn burgers with a spatula, but don't press them down. It squeezes out the juices, making them dry."
"Awesome! I didn't have asiago cheese so I subbed italian cheese and used provolone slices instead of mozzeralla to top the burgers. Also, used venison burger - you couldn't even tell that it wasn't ground beef!"