Three-Cheese Deviled Eggs
Our home economists enhances ordinary deviled eggs by stirring in three different kinds of cheese. A dash of paprika and sprinkle of chives on top add a little color.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a bowl, mash the yolks. Add the mayonnaise, shredded cheeses, 1 tablespoon chives, mustard and pepper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the process cheese on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth. Stir into yolk mixture.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining chives. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 327 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Deviled Eggs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Apr 11, 2012
The yolks were good before we added the Velveeta. This recipe has more calories than the rest of our whole dinner together. Not worth the calories!
Jul 15, 2008
I omitted the cheese and just used the basic recipe, but a very good recipe, thank you!