"My husband likes trying different recipes in our bread machine," notes Debbie McCauley from her home in Little Rock, Arkansas. "He came up with this pleasant loaf that's sure to appeal to cheese lovers."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.)
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2004