Three-Cheese Appetizer Cheesecake
Crushed sesame crackers create the crust for this savory cheesecake that features a rich blend of ricotta, feta and cream cheese. The creamy mixture is mildly seasoned with basil and garlic and so delicious when spread on crackers for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.—Virginia Galloway, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and feta cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, basil and garlic powder. Fold in peppers. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 174 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Three Cheese Appetizer Cheesecake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition--Cooks Who Care
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.