Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen elderberries or raspberries
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1. In a large bowl, combine berries. Add tapioca, sugar and lemon juice; toss. Spoon into pastry shell. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over pie. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 445 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
"Fantastic recipe. I used frozen berries (Triple Berry Mix sold at Sams Club). I made a few adjustments, though perhaps not necessary. I used a total of 5 generous cups of slightly thawed frozen berries, I added 1 Tbsp. corn starch. I used my standard crumb topping (1 cup flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 stick of butter). The pie was gobbled up with rave reviews at a potluck."
"Excellent! Made the recipe as is using fresh blackberries and frozen raspberries and blueberries. Definitely would make again."
"Elderberry pie recipes are hard to find. This is the closest so far. But first I have to find some frozen elderberries which are equally hard to find. Is the tapioca meant to be used as a thickening agent?? If so, how about using corn starch??"