Three-Bean Garden Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook lima beans according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain and place in a medium bowl. Add kidney and green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; mix gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
May 27, 2015
This was a good recipe. I did make several changes. I also added chic peas. We love chic peas and they go into each of our salads! However, I eliminated the lemon juice and sugar and just used olive oil.
Dec 17, 2009
This ia a very good salad. I use fresh green beans just softened a bit in boiling water then iced water to hold their colour but still crisp. I also use chick peas instead of the lima beans.