Three-Bean Chili Recipe
You won't miss meat in this tasty bean chili.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 373 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 14g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Three-Bean Chili
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC