This ‘n’ That Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and halved or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; garnish with eggs and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 259 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 7, 2018
This was delicious! I cut the recipe in half for just my husband and I, and we still had a lot of leftovers. I only did about 4 oz of peas, since 5 just seemed like a LOT. I used a red bell pepper instead of green and regular onion in place of the green onion. I also opted for the baby corn nuggets (from a can) instead of frozen corn. Such a simple salad, but it really tastes great! I'd make this again.
Jul 16, 2011
My family, including 2 teenagers, loved this salad! I found this while looking for healthy salad recipes after getting home from vacation. After 10 days of dinners out, pizzas, and snack foods, we desperately needed a week?s worth of salads, but I wanted to keep it interesting.I made it exactly as printed, except I used "lite" Ranch dressing and Mayo made with olive oil, to reduce the fat, calories, and cholesterol in the dressing by about 1/2. It was just the 4 of us, so we had some leftover. Still crunchy and delicious the next day.With the sliced eggs and cherry tomatoes on top, it makes a beautiful presentation, too. Once the veggie mixture is prepared, it is quick to put together, so it would be perfect for entertaining. Serve it as a side salad or a main dish with garlic bread. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.