- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. pitcher. Stir in juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining water. Serve over ice.
1 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 23, 2015
Very thirst quenching and easy to make. Not sure everyone would like the grated peel in their drink. The last bit tends to get it all.
May 2, 2015
So wonderfully refreshing and a perfect balance!!!
Jan 18, 2015
Our family loved this! It became our go-to drink for all our barbecues last summer. It was the perfect thirst quencher after a bike ride or just sitting on the deck!
Aug 9, 2014
I've been looking for a good lemonade recipe and came across this. I love the lime in it and it has just the right amount of sugar. I will definitely be makin gthis again.
Jan 27, 2011
This was the best Limeade I've ever had! It was just the right amount of sweet verses sour. Would TOTALLY make it again!