- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. pitcher. Stir in juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining water. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forThirst-Quenching Limeade
"Very thirst quenching and easy to make. Not sure everyone would like the grated peel in their drink. The last bit tends to get it all."
"So wonderfully refreshing and a perfect balance!!!"
"Our family loved this! It became our go-to drink for all our barbecues last summer. It was the perfect thirst quencher after a bike ride or just sitting on the deck!"
"I've been looking for a good lemonade recipe and came across this. I love the lime in it and it has just the right amount of sugar. I will definitely be makin gthis again."
"This was the best Limeade I've ever had! It was just the right amount of sweet verses sour. Would TOTALLY make it again!"