Thick N Spicy Sauce
With raisins for sweetness and pepper for kick, this spicy sauce is excellent with ham but also lends a nice barbecue flavor to burgers and roast beef. Prepare a batch for the outdoor chefs on your list.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 to 4 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, tarragon and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Thick N Spicy Sauce in Country Woman Christmas 2002