Thick ‘n’ Quick Clam Chowder
"You'd never guess that this thick, rich soup is a blend of convenient canned ingredients," promises Betty Sitzman of Wray, Colorado. "My husband and I love it during our busy harvest season...it's so simple t simmer up when time is tight."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- In a saucepan, combine the soups and cream; cook over medium heat until heated through. Add clams and heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Thick n Quick Clam Chowder in Quick Cooking November/December 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2010
Love this soup! Super easy and tastes great! We like to eat it with bread we can dip.
Apr 10, 2009
My family and friends LOVE this soup. So easy and a favorite! Jeri