Thick Beef Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 medium red potatoes, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, potatoes, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; heat through.
- Combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth; gradually add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Nov 11, 2015
Another good substitute is the 2 cups of stew meat with a 1/2 cup of dark beer and a tablespoon of soup base.
Nov 19, 2012
Our family loves it!!
Sep 23, 2011
Is the triple batch beef from the 50+ friends cookbook? If not, it would be nice to tell the reader what it is.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.