The King's Crowned Filets Recipe
Company will feel like royalty when you present this tender filet with a lightly breaded horseradish topping. Best of all, it grills in just 15 minutes. —Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Dash dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into four ovals. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Place a butter piece on each steak. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak: 451 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 49g protein.
Reviews for The King's Crowned Filets
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2012
"Yummy! It was a great Valentine's Day treat."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC