The King’s Crowned Filets
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Dash dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into four ovals. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place a butter piece on each steak. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 451 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 49g protein.
May 5, 2012
I loved this! I served it with grilled asparagus, rolls, and That Good Salad (recipe on TOH) and it was a fantastic meal that I'm sure will become a go-to for company. I did use 5 oz beef tenderloin filets wrapped with bacon, since it was what I had.
Mar 21, 2012
Yummy! It was a great Valentine's Day treat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.