The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
Hearken back to the days of the King of Rock and Roll with this creamy concoction that combines peanut butter, bananas and bacon. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon; drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap in plastic; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 824 calories, 46g fat (18g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as The Elvis Ice Cream Snadwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.