This salsa is easy to make, and it's flavorful but not too spicy. I always get requests for this when we offer to bring a dish to a party. At a recent event, my husband caught a woman eating it out of the bowl with a spoon!
Recommended: Our 25 Best Summer Comfort Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup canned drained diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons canned chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as The Best Salsa in Reminisce April/May 2011, p58