We get creative with leftovers and make them into wontons. With a little turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce and wrappers, you’ve got appetizers. —Sarah Gilbert, Beaverton, Oregon
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey breast
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine turkey, cranberries, cream cheese and cranberry sauce.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of a wonton wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water. Fold one corner diagonally over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wonton wrappers.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Wontons in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p165