When I first tried this recipe for leftover turkey, I knew it would be an instant hit with my family. These sandwiches really capture the flavor of the holidays.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 rolls or croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, mayonnaise, cranberries, orange, sugar, mustard and salt. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Place lettuce and 1/2 cup turkey mixture on each roll.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.