- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine the cream, sugar, cumin seeds, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, cranberries and apples. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forThanksgiving Cabbage Salad
"I don't like cumin even though cumin seeds are very healthy but, they don't sit well with me. So I left them out.Although the small cumin seed looks rather unassuming, its nutty peppery flavor packs a punch when it comes to adding a nutty and peppery flavor to chili and other Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes as well playing an important role in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine where it is a key component of curry powder."
"BAD :oP I wouldn't even give it one star but I had to in order to submit."
"This sounds wonderful. Do you think I could make it today and put in fridge to serve tomorrow?Maybe I could put everything in except thr chopped apple and add it just before serving. Please let me know what you think. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !"