Thanksgiving Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 119 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Thanksgiving Bread
"Great flavor of both pumpkin and cranberry."
"made this last night (9-29-2010). did add 1 teaspoon vanilla and used 1 cup of whole berry cranberry sauce, as I did not have cranberries on hand. very moist, delicate pumpkin taste. a definite keeper!"