Thai Veggie Dip Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce and honey until blended. Stir in sour cream, yogurt, spinach, water chestnuts, pepper, green onions, cilantro, mint and pepper flakes. Refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours. Serve with assorted vegetables. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables): 73 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.