Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, basil, yogurt, lemon zest, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup to another bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. top with reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jun 25, 2014
I've made this twice now and it has been a hit both times. It's nice to have something a little different from the usual flavors I cook with.. I used sour cream instead of plain yogurt and I used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breast. So juicy & tasty!
Sep 5, 2012
My husband and I didn't care for this recipe at all. The taste of lemon was too strong and the consistency of the yogurt is strange. I won't be making this again.
Mar 14, 2012
This is similar to another marinade I make often, so I thought it would taste about the same, but it was better! Really delicious.
Feb 17, 2012
This recipe is a definite keeper. The whole family, including a couple of terribly picky eaters, loved it. It couldn't have been easier to fix, either.
Feb 11, 2012
Excellent flavors! Highly recommend this recipe
Sep 1, 2010
This was really good and I didn't even marinate it over night!