- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 ounces)
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Whisk in 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in remaining oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from the pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide romaine between two plates. Slice beef; arrange over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and basil; drizzle with dressing.