- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 ounces)
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Whisk in 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in remaining oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide romaine between two plates. Slice beef; arrange over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and basil; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forThai Steak Salad
"This was not close to being good or even passable.I would never make this again."
"We really enjoyed this salad. I doubled it for 3 of us including my teen son. Next time I might need to triple it. I topped it with chopped green onions."
"The recipe was really tasty. Not a true Thai flavor (I lived in Thailand for five years) but the dressing was delightful. After cooking the steak, I chopped it into bite-sized pieces for easier eating, and I chopped the nuts. Next time I will add chopped green onions on top."