Thai Spinach Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, basil, mint and ginger. Place spinach, red pepper and cucumber in a large bowl; add beef mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups: 207 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Thai Spinach Beef Salad
"We really enjoyed this. We love fresh salads and the mix of spices was easy and delicious. we will make it again soon."
"easy and surprising. I was unsure what to expect but my family said it was a very good change. Quality meat is key; don't skimp. I did double the meat because my men scream for protein."
"I added some chopped plum tomatoes to the spinach for some more vegetables!"