Here's a deliciously different salad that blends grilled shrimp, a lean source of protein, with the low-calorie crunch of cucumber and onion. It's tossed and dressed with Thai flavors of sesame, cilantro, lime and refreshing mint. Annette Traverso - San Rafael, California
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir the reserved dressing; add the shrimp, onion and cucumber. Toss to coat. Divide lettuce among four salad plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Shrimp Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p25
Reviews forThai Shrimp Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
"This was okay fresh; I didn't prefer the way the leftovers tasted. It's something different and refreshing every once in a while."