Thai Shrimp & Cucumber on Rye
This low-fat cream cheese, shrimp and veggie spread is versatile. You can serve it as a dip with fresh vegetables or crackers. It is cool and crisp—the perfect healthy starter for any party or outdoor barbecue. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 36 slices snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, beat first four ingredients until blended. Stir in shrimp, vegetables and walnuts. Serve with rye bread.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon shrimp mixture with 1 slice bread: 47 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Thai Shrimp & Cucumber Rounds in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.