- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forThai Shrimp and Cabbage
"Very good and healthy, too!"
"This is a great dish. I usually cook the cabbage a bit longer so it's nice and soft, and I also add sesame chili oil at the end to kick up the heat. Good stuff on a cold day!"
"Dieting, this was a wonderful addition...."