This versatile chicken recipe is very similar to chicken pad Thai but easier to make and tastes just as good. Rice noodles can be swapped with mung bean noodles or any type of egg noodles. —Kristina Segarra, Yonkers, New York
Recommended: 25 Favorite Thai Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 package (6.75 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Halved cucumber slices and chopped peanuts, optional
- For sauce, whisk together first eight ingredients. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; remove from heat. Add noodles; let stand until noodles are tender but firm, 3-4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onion in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add noodles and chicken; heat through, tossing to combine. If desired, top with cucumber and chopped peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018