Thai Pasta Side Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and oil.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to cabbage mixture. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 11, 2016
I had to downsize to two servings. This was different and delicious. I mixed the salad ingredients and refrigerated until ready to add the dressing. I let it sit at room temp for about 1 hour before serving....very good...will make again.
May 18, 2015
Disappointed. Family did not care for it.
Jul 30, 2014
Delicious and easy to prepare. Wonderful accompaniment to baked chicken.
Jun 22, 2013
Be sure to use "seasoned rice vinegar". I used unseasoned..at first..then added seasoned instead..luckily it came out good.
Apr 8, 2011
This recipe is out of this word fantastic!!
Jul 7, 2010
Wonderful and easy to make. I also used whole wheat pasta and it added even more flavor. I would suggest serving it the same day you toss in the dressing. I made it the night before and the pasta soaked up a lot of the sauce...a little dry but still very tasty :)
Jun 20, 2010
Awesome pasta salad! Always a hit when I take it to a potluck! I make it with whole wheat pasta and no one knows because the sauce is brownish due to the peanut butter. Even the kids love it!
Feb 19, 2010
This salad is AWESOME! I have made it many many times and shared the recipe with many people! My bowl always comes home empty from potluck!
Aug 2, 2009
I have made this several times and took it to church potluck once, now I'm giving the recipe to everyone....they loved it!
Apr 18, 2009
We made this for Easter lunch to accomodate the vegetarians in our family and it was delicious! Leftovers kept well and I enjoyed it for lunch at work!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.