Thai Curry with Shrimp & Coconut Recipe
Thai and Vietnamese restaurants serve curried shrimp. I enjoy it so much that I decided to try my hand at making it at home. What a success! Everyone who tried my version asks for the recipe. —Ninette Holbrook, Orlando, Florida
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- 3. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onion and sauce mixtures; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice; sprinkle with peanuts and coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup curry (calculated without rice): 731 calories, 49g fat (21g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1399mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Thai Curry with Shrimp & Coconut
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC