Thai Curry Meatballs
A little bit of Thai flavor spices up the party. Serve these chicken meatballs with the accompanying dipping sauce of coconut milk and curry. —Marisa Raponi, Vaughan, ON
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat curry paste over medium-high heat. Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with meatballs; sprinkle with additional cilantro and paprika if desired.
Originally published as Curry Mini Pops with Thai Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.