This crunchy, refreshing cucumber salad was one of the first dishes I made when I set out to learn Thai cuisine. —Farah Claussen, Clearwater, Florida
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, onion and serrano pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Thai Crunchy Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p230