- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, Thai chili sauce, garlic and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forThai Chicken Thighs
"I really liked these. I thought it had just the right amount of heat. I served it over rice noodles instead of rice."
"I always read the reviews here before trying a new recipe. With such great reviews, I expected something much better. Maybe it was something I did, but these were barely okay. I will not be making it again."
"I halve the recipe since it was just my husband and I eating it, and it turned out very well. I didn't add the jalapeno because I'm pregnant and spicy foods can cause issues for me, but since it wasn't as spicy as I feared it would be, I probably could have added it. At the very least, it's easy enough to add red pepper flakes to individual portions if people want it spicier!"
"This was a great dish. The peanut butter taste was subtle and not overwhelming at all. I followed the recipe exactly and I could taste the ginger and chili sauces.....I used a teaspoon of garlic ginger sauce and one of the sriracha hot sauce for the Thai chili sauce. As for being dry......simply not possible with all the sauce! The meat was falling off the bone, moist, and there was a lot of sauce, which all tasted so good on the rice. This is a keeper!"
"Horrible! I just made this today and tasted it. I follwed the recipe to the T. The sauce has no taste what so ever, it just taste like warm peanut butter and the chicken is dry. Would not reccomment this recipe. Its waste of time and money. Guess tonight will be pizza night."
"My son and I loved this recipe! We are both allergic to peppers, so I left out the jalapeno and subed siraracho hot sauce (1tbs) and I like the fish sauce (1-2tbs) added to it as well. The wonderful thing about Thai cooking is that you can move things around and so long as your proportions are correct, it comes out delish!"
"This was excellent! I wanted extra sauce, so my changes were an additional 1/4 c salsa, 1 TBL ginger, 1 TBL fish sauce and I didn't add any jalapenos. Also thickened the sauce with crushed cashews."
"Turned out very good. I don't see how anyone would need extra spice added to it unless you like extremely hot spicy dishes. My husband loved it, I probably could have added a little coconut milk to tame it down for myself. I love meals you can throw in a slow cooker! Will definitely make this again."