- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken, carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with spaghetti. Top with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forThai Chicken Peanut Noodles
"The recipe written as is left something to desire. It was ok, but we found it to be dry."
"I added water chestnut, bamboo shoots and broccoli. Awesome! !"
"Very good, we doubled sauce and used fresh noodles."
"We had this for dinner tonight. Was so good. I did use rice noodles instead of pasta and used chicken breast instead of ground meat.. I also doubled the sauce as other suggested. Used sambal oelek instead of sriracha sauce but did not double this in sauce. Gave the dish a nice background heat. The whole family enjoyed will absolutely make again!"
"I made this tonight for dinner. It is definitely a keeper. I too added the sweet chile sauce and the red pepper flakes. I like mine more spicy than my husband, so I added some bottled peanut sauce. It was just perfect. I also added zucchini and yellow squash and diced the chicken breast. I probably used 1/2 the amount of spaghetti called for. It was just perfect and we might have enough for leftovers."
"Very delicious! I did make a couple changes, though. I used a sweet chili sauce instead of hot sauce (just my preference.) I also doubled the amount of chili sauce and soy sauce, since it was a tad dry. In place of the ground turkey, I used shredded turkey breast meat from a precooked rotisserie chicken."
"Loved it! Will increase the amount of liquid when I make again. Was a little dry."
"love this and due to make again, my hubby even liked it"
"There was something off about the sauce. I think it may have been the chicken broth. I ended up keeping the other elements of the recipe and replacing the sauce with another I found."