- 3 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Add the chicken; heat through.
- Drain linguine. Serve with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forThai Chicken Pasta
"This was a good, quick recipe with few ingredients. I took the advice of some of the other reviewers and doubled some of the sauce ingredients. I kept the 1/2 cup salsa, honey and peanut butter but added more orange juice and a little more soy sauce. The sauce, while tasting good, was a bit pasty so I would add some chicken broth to thin it out a little. I used crunchy peanut butter as well. Definitely worth trying."
"Other than the texture, this dish had good flavor. We did sub rice pasta for the wheat (due to gluten allergy) but otherwise, it was the same ingredients. I liked the peanut butter sauce and but I think next time I'll add a touch more soy sauce to make the sauce a little creamier and a more pleasant texture."
"It was nice how quick this was, but we thought it was disappointing compared to other homemade Thai dishes. The texture was also odd."
"I enjoyed this dish. It comes together quickly and actually looks very pretty with the suggested garnish. The spiciness level of the salsa definitely is important in the overall taste of this dish. I added some sauteed onion and garlic to the mixture."
"This was excellent. Just spicy enough. Not overwhelming with the peanut butter flavor. I doubled the recipe so I could have lunch the next day. Not a good plan. The noodles soaked up all the sauce & it was super dry. Didn't reheat well."
"I just tried this. Like other reviewers I doubled everything except the peanut butter and honey. I loved it and will definitely make again. My husband would like it more spicey so I will use a hotter salsa next time."
"Just making this again for supper tonight. Been looking forward to the next time I could make it! It's SO GOOD. Sorry for the previous reviewer that didnt like it - but everyone's tastes are different, that's what makes different recipes interesting! I always cook the sauce on the stovetop, just because I prefer to do it that way. Probably eliminates the smelly microwave situation too."
"this was just awful. the sauce was disgusting. the peanut butter and salsa didn't combine at all, not to mention cooking salsa in the microwaves makes your house smell like burnt rotten tomatoes for days to come. do not make this recipe - a waste of time, money, and food!"