Thai Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups finely shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, water, lime juice, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until blended. Drain spaghetti and carrots; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, chicken and dressing; toss to coat.
- 3. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 400 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
"I felt that 1/2 cup of peanut butter was plenty, & I'm a peanut butter lover. I also added an extra splash of vinegar to cut the richness & omitted the sesame oil. With those changes, I loved this recipe."
"The peanut butter taste is very overwhelming. Maybe reducing it would improve the dressing. Otherwise, a good recipe."
"We enjoyed this salad. Agree the dressing is too thick. I didn't want to reduce the amount of peanut butter so just added additional water (warm) until I got the consistency I wanted. In fact, I ended up making another half batch of dressing because it didn't seem like there was enough--pasta was kind of "dry." Added more red peppers as we like hot & spicy. Used cole slaw cabbage mix that also contained chopped carrots to simplify and added chopped green onions."
"Terrible taste, put in trash."
"We loved this! dressing was very thick we doubled it and it was a little much but, when warmed it softened:)"
"We loved this!"
"I loved this and so did my family! Fresh, bright, different, and addicting:)"
"The dressing seemed to thick to really mix in very well .Any hints?? Maybe less peanut butter??"
"Unfortunately, the peanut butter overwhelmed all the other flavors. Maybe a 1/2 cup instead of 3/4? My DH and kids did not care for this so I will not be making it again."