Thai Chicken Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 476 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 25, 2015
Love this stuff. Wonderful sauce.
Aug 3, 2014
We loved this recipe! I made it exactly as written except I added some broccoli florets and snow peas. It made for a very filling dinner with egg rolls on the side.
Jul 16, 2013
As others have said, the flavor combination was odd. I know Thai food use peanuts or peanut butter in some dishes but the addition of honey and OJ.... the OJ really stood out. I won't make this again :(
Jun 27, 2013
This is one of my favorite meals. Every time I've cooked it (usually for 20 people or more) I get rave reviews. Instead of the microwave I just put the the sauce in a saucepan on the stove and just heat it until it's warm as not to lose any of the spice of the salsa.
May 4, 2013
This recipe is absolutely wonderful. I used over a pound of shrimp instead of chicken, but followed the recipe otherwise. There was plenty of sauce, spice, flavor, etc. Family loved it! Yum!
Jan 14, 2013
Very tasty. I made it exactly as the recipe stated except that I threw in some sliced carrots and subbed brown sugar for the honey snce I had run out of it. Reminded me of my favorite restaurant. Good stuff
Jan 14, 2012
Very tasty, I added a little of the lemon & pepper seasoning to kick up the citrus from the oj. even the 5year liked it ;) thanks
Dec 7, 2011
Don't worry about the ingredients list - it seems like a strange combination but is totally tasty. I thought this recipe was super yummy. It's very easy to make, especially with the sauce being made in the microwave. My husband loved it too. Will definitely make again!
Jul 21, 2011
So easy and quick!!!
Feb 25, 2011
My whole family enjoyed this dish. The only thing I did different, was I cooked the chicken w/fresh garlic to give it a little more flavor.