Thai Chicken and Orange Salad
A creamy peanut butter dressing provides a Thai twist to this main dish chicken salad. You if you have leftover cooked chicken breasts, feel free to use it. It will make the recipe even quicker.—Katia Lane, Madison, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- On four plates, divide the salad greens, red pepper, onions, bean sprouts and oranges. Slice chicken; arrange on salads. Sprinkle with peanuts; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 salad with 1 chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons dressing: 402 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Thai Chicken Salad in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011