- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 3 tablespoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry cauliflower and carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 7 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add beef and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until peanut butter is blended. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Freeze option: Do not cook spaghetti. Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Place beef mixture in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Serve with spaghetti and sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forThai Beef Stir-Fry
"My kids love this dish!!"
"very flavorful and easy the whole family loved it"
"This is one of our family's favorite meals! We do omit the mushrooms, as some of us don't like mushrooms and the ones of us who do didn't feel they added much to this dish. We set out the crushed red pepper so we can each adjust our serving to the amount of heat we like."
"this was incredible! I turned up the heat by adding a little more hot sauce. Definately will make this agin!"