Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, has white ribs and green leaves. It's commonly used in Asian cooking and can be found year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Beef Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p70
Reviews forThai Beef Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review