Thai Beef Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 9, 2014
Yummy! We all enjoyed this salad. I didn't use chili sauce (didn't have any) I put a tablespoon of chili powder instead and used fresh cilantro in place of the dried. Very good. We will be making this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.