Thai Beef Salad
Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, has white ribs and green leaves. It's commonly used in Asian cooking and can be found year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Thai Beef Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Jun 9, 2014
Yummy! We all enjoyed this salad. I didn't use chili sauce (didn't have any) I put a tablespoon of chili powder instead and used fresh cilantro in place of the dried. Very good. We will be making this again.