Thai Beef Salad
Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, has white ribs and green leaves. It's commonly used in Asian cooking and can be found year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 9, 2014
Yummy! We all enjoyed this salad. I didn't use chili sauce (didn't have any) I put a tablespoon of chili powder instead and used fresh cilantro in place of the dried. Very good. We will be making this again.