Thai Beef Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- THAI SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- 2. Drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water; toss with 1/2 cup dressing. Place in a large serving dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, red pepper and onions. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Arrange lettuce mixture over spaghetti. Top with roast beef; sprinkle with peanuts if desired.
1 each: 365 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 20, 2012
Made recipe exactly as written to start with...While I love vinegar, I found the amount called for to be way too overpowering and had to add tons of peanut butter, honey and sesame oil to tone it down. Also used (and recommend) Asian noodles rather than spaghetti. Overall, I liked the concept and might make it again with a lot less vinegar!
Sep 20, 2012
This is the second time this week I have made this salad, and this is definately a keeper. I did not use sugar, but used agave syrup. I also added a few drops of sesame oil and cilantro to the dressing. I had a pineapple and some home grown cherry tomatoes so I added those to the salad as well.
Sep 19, 2012
Excellent recipe! Just added a few drops of sesame oil, and served with a Thai rice noodle. Thanks!
Sep 18, 2012
As already mentioned a bit of Sesame Oil really brings something to the party. Personally, I prefer an Oriental type noodle.
Sep 18, 2012
Love, love, love this salad!!!!!!!! I like to saute strips of seasoned tender beef & serve hot on the cold salad.
Nov 24, 2011
Love it , But I add 1 teaspoon of Sesame oil ... This gives it a real Asian flavor !
Jan 19, 2010
We have already made this recipe twice. It's easy, relatively quick, and it tastes wonderful!
Jan 16, 2010
Made as instructed and it was delicious! Was a great quick meal for during the week and as lunch the next day. It is very light and refreshing. This is becoming a household favorite!