- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add turkey; cook over medium until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in the corn, picante sauce, broth, salt, cumin and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Spoon over tortillas. Top with tomato, lettuce, cheese and sour cream if desired. Roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTexas Turkey Tacos
"This was amazingly fantastic. We did ours with crunchy taco shells and it worked great. We were able to make a total of 8 crunchy tacos."