Texas Toast Turkey Melts
Strips of bacon and warm cheese sauce turn these open-faced sandwiches into a lip-smacking lunch. "Serve with a bowl of soup for speedy meal," suggests Karen Gentry from Somerset, Kentucky. "They're just as good when the turkey is replaced with ham."
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 thick slices fresh white bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 18 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1. Butter 1 side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top with turkey; broil for 2 minutes or until heated through. Top each with 3 strips of bacon.
- 2. Place cheese sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer or until heated through. Pour over sandwiches.
1 each: 437 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1732mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC